Monday, January 19, 2015

Quesadilla

Quesadilla Kick

I have been on a quesadilla kick the last few days. It started by making them for my daughter for dinner. She loves anything with cheese on it. So, one day for lunch I decided to make one for myself and I almost forgot how good they are. Today was my, I don't feel like cooking, find what you can in the fridge day, I decided to make myself a quesadilla.

Thinking about what I should add to this and I wanted lots of flavor, I decided to take some of the roast that I fixed yesterday and shred it to add to my quesadilla. Sounded like a good idea to me. Next, I chopped some cilantro, tomatoes and onions...sounds like this is going in the right direction :-)
Started with a layer of Colby jack cheese, I heated the shredded roast in the microwave for a few seconds and added that on top. Then the cilantro, onions and tomatoes and the outcome was just delish!

I served it will some salsa verde and sour cream. My hubby kept saying he wasn't so sure about my combination but he couldn't stop looking in my direction. So, finally being the good wife that I am, decided to offer him a piece. Of course he enjoyed it and so being the giving person that I am, offered him a whole piece :-)  Happy quesadilla making!!



No comments:

Post a Comment